View Single Post
Old 03-07-2010, 03:49 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Mrs D,

Thank yo so much for your reply!!!

The iherbs website is really very cool and with incredibly reasonable prices!!

I do take methylcobalamin, but I didn't know there were activated forms for b6 and folic acid too! I have been taking health aid's b6 and solgar's folacin and I think they're just pyridoxine and folic acid vs the activated forms of the stuff... I'm in the UK at the moment so I don't think Metanx is an option but I ordered methylfolate and solgar's p5p from iherbs today so that will hopefully help!

What you said about the calcium and vitamin d/magnesium connection is incredibly interesting! My vitamin d level was 5, with the normal range being 50-80 for the lab. The doc I saw said it's a pretty low level and that I should take 2000 IUs per day in tablet form for a while. He didn't tell me which ones to get brand-wise but the pharmacist suggested vitabiotics D3 tablets; so I hope they're ok... If that, combined with the low magnesium, is causing the high calcium it would be absolutely fantastic as it's fixable at least! Thank you for explaining the different tests for celiac and for the links; will need to look at them in detail pretty soon!

Ziggy
Ziggy7 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote