View Single Post
Old 03-07-2010, 07:18 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi, well, not facetious, but rather jokingly, yes.

Actually, alcohol is good for the body in certain amounts, all negatives considered...

Yes, beer does have B vitamins in abundance. When I was pregnant (oooo soooo long ago) I was so anemic, high iron diet, diet pills AND shots and still couldn't bring the iron up ... OB/GYN told me to drink beer. I walked around constantly while home with a beer in my hand, drinking one after another. I was never drunk (which the doctor says was because my body was using everything for nutrition) and my iron level raised. So I know, for me at least, my body will take the B vitamins and use them.

I guess everything is a trade off, at least in my current life. I know that the sugar in alcohol will spike my insulin and nick my arteries setting me up for heart attack ... not to mention what the sugar/carbs will do to my fatigue etc. But, part of my fatigue might be from anemia, and if B vitamins are deficient in TBI patients, yes, I think I will try it. Besides, beer is cheaper than cognac!