Thread: Feeling Good
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2010, 07:57 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debby View Post
Don't go spending extra $$'s on Tylenol PM or Anything PM for that matter. The active ingredient for sleep in them is the same active ingredient in Benadryl which is the same ingredient in the store's generic brand of benadryl too. Usually the first line of sleep aide that a doctor will suggest is Benadryl, or it should be anyway. And that would be to start one out at 50 mgs of it, 2 pills up to 100 mg at bedtime. It use to work for me like a dream. If you buy the name brand PM stuff you are throwing away good $$'s that none of us can afford to throw away anymore. This is what my doctor told me years ago.

And if you were able to push past lower limb RSD good for you!! I too have it, in both feet unfortunately. Burning pain Started 11/03. LGB;s were of no help. For the last 6 yrs major pain meds & high dose gabapentin, & SGB's for upper body (hands) spread are what help me the most. Am going to be looking into where I can get ladocaine infusions next as I am getting full surface body (skin) burns now starting on my head & ears gradually taking in my whole head & upper body & lower if I don't take BTP meds & extra gabapentin. The ladocaine infusions are suggestions by people here on this website. I never even thought of those until they were suggested & thanking one & all who has suggested them.

One way in 03/04 I was able to continue working for 6 months was by using am electric scooter. I was absolutely unable to walk but I had to continue working atleast until I could obtain my full benefits at work. I had just changed jobs, unfortunately, when this hit me. Had no idea that this was on my horizon. Anyway my health insurance paid for 6 months of rental on a scooter, then bought me one & eventually an electric wheel chair also. I had a script from my doctor & my job was all office work. I worked in a county office in the welfare department. I was able to do my job, just not walk & the scooter was ok with my work. They have to accomodate one as much as is possible as long as you are able to do the job with the accomodations. I know you are doing it now with being able to walk, BUT if you get where you can't walk but can still work, even thru the pain, you might look into your doctor prescribing you a scooter or electric wheel chair. (I have both & like I said, with a script from my doctor my health insurance & documentation from my doctors they paid for them both, with no hassle). I had Blue Shield of CA at the time thru work) One website you might want to look into that is the most helpful with job accomodation & how exactly to request them is the JAN Network (Job Accomodation Network)

http://www.jan.wvu.edu/

If you need to speak to a rep they will call you back when you leave a message as to why you need to speak with them They are really great. I used them alot when working at different times. They are the most helpful & are backed by the ADA.

Good luck!!

Debby
Gotta share my motto...

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass...Life is about learning to dance in the rain......

I know all feel sad at times..but in my heart..I am much like our happy poster here..I am the most blessed RSD'er around..cuz my heart is full of love and RSD ain't getting in at that!!!!Even tho I can't work anymore..I still feel loved and lucky!

Love to my friends..Kathy
keep smilin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
catra121 (03-09-2010), fmichael (03-10-2010), Kakimbo (03-09-2010), SandyS (03-09-2010)