View Single Post
Old 03-08-2010, 06:00 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi "Punk" ~ I'm sure there are ALOT of people who quit on their own and had no trouble. All i can tell you is how I did it. There was NO WAY I could do it on my own. I used to drink probably 12 beers per night, and when that was gone, I'd start on the booze. I'd usually pass out, and drive to work the next day in a black-out. Lord, how I hated that!!! I could NEVER remember getting to work. To think that I could have killed someone ! Thank God He was watching over me.

God literally took me by the collar and MADE me call AA. I didn't want to, but God MADE me. I tried to put the phone down, but I couldn't!!! I tried not to dial the phone, but HE made me!!! And when someone answered, HE made me speak. It was EERIE how it all happened, because I didn't do any of it. God was doing it for me. That was July 28th, 1993, and I've been sober since.

AA literally saved my fanny cause I would have been dead by now the way I was drinking. If YOU drink that amount of beer, you won't have a long life either because your liver won't be able to stand it. Right NOW you should have a liver panel done to see if your liver is functioning properly. That was the first thing I did when I got sober. I got lucky cause it was fine.

Best of luck to you but be careful. If you do this on your own, you could have DT's and those can be DEADLY. You should be under a doctor's care. God bless and remember to take it One Day at a Time. Peace, Lee
recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;severe depression; 2 open spinal surgeries; severe sciatica since 1986; epidurals; trigger points; myelograms; Rhizotomy; Racz procedure; spinal cord stimulator implant (and later removal); morphine pump trial (didn't work);now inoperable; lumpectomy; radiation; breast cancer survivor; heart attack; fibromyalgia; on disability.

Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live..
.................................................. ...............Orestes