View Single Post
Old 01-25-2007, 02:00 AM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

I have nothing against experimenting a little but don't have money to try most of the suggestions. Most of it is "quackery" or we'd all be doing a lot better. Is quackery defined by it costing money, not approved, safe? If it helps for awhile is that quackery or placebo?

As much as I challenge the medical community and big pharmas to come into the 21st century regarding how they treat and view patients, the challenge is for them to work with us, not to do their job. The person with the illness is the real expert on the disease, no one else can be. But that doesn't mean you can cure it - you need other expertise to bring that all together. If you have a theory, or find something that works, one way or another to get it on a regular basis, it has to be approved. You can't rely on someone privately providing you with anything on a regular basis.

If something works over the counter, that's fine if checked out for safety or conflicts with other med.

On the other hand, there's nothing I'd like better than to have someone from this forum shout, "Eureka I've found it." I'll be right behind you.

paula

"Time is not neutral for those who have pd or for those who will get it."
paula_w is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote