View Single Post
Old 01-25-2007, 02:09 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfinney View Post
I used to use cold packs - but I found that I got either too cold . . . or maybe frozen a bit (not really but just felt that way) . . . or I didn't get enough cold to numb the pain. And I didn't like slowing circulation.

I have been using fans on my feet for quite some time. I have a lot of control, can use different speeds, sizes, etc. And of course I can make quick adjustments. I find that light blowing, cold (but not that cold) air is very effective. And my circulation does not suffer as with the cold packs. I use them every night, off and on. It is probably the most indispensable thing I use for pain relief.

rafi
Rfinnery, you may like to try this;
When my feet used to be on fire i used to dissolve a few Disprin tablets in a mug, just enough water to make them dissove and then mix some sorbelene cream in with it to a make a thick paste [ not runny as it finishes up all over the place] then i would wack plenty of it all over the burning areas.
It doesn't take long to soak into the skin, goes directly to the affected nerves and it helped settle it down, i use to mix up enough to last me all day and just applied it when i needed it, an Associate professor of neurolidgy give me the recipe for this, he wasn't any good with PN , but that mixture did help with the burning.
He explained that it soaks into the skin quickly and the disprin makes the small fibres sorta a bit drunk, is how he explained it. try that and with your fans you might feel like your in heaven
Brian is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote