View Single Post
Old 03-08-2010, 03:40 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Book Be Careful

be very careful of the Methadone, as AndieB said, the withdrawels are miserable (first hand experiance, It took 6 Mo. to come off 70mg. daily. Good pain relief but the side effects were not worth it. I still have dental problems I belive were aggravated by the menthadone. Have you tried alternative tharapies? Massage, Acupuncture, Physical therapy,ESI'S work for some. I wish you luck and that you are as pain free as possible. alex44
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndieB View Post
You are on some heavy doses.Your Dr may believe you are just abusing your meds,so be careful with that one,you do not want to be red flagged.My insurance co.did it to me once thinking I may be Dr. shopping since I was on a desperate search for a cure.( I really was not looking for meds)I was on Methadone once,and I can honestly say if you can avoid that medication,do it.It worked great for the pain,but the side effects were horrible.My teeth started rotting out of my head almost instantly.Then I had to withdraw off of itThe worst experience of my life,and I was only taking it for three weeks.This medication lodges itself in your bone marrow,and the withdrawal time is at least 10 fold,comared to any other med.So go into that one lightly.
alex44 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote