Thread: Useful Sites
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2010, 04:15 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Fillable Forms

When I applied for SSDI, I found the Social Security website frustrating to say the least. There was no way to search the Blue Book, and even though they had forms available for download in pdf format, the pdf did not contain fillable form fields.

I wanted to be able to really read through the Blue Book, with the ability to search it and make notes. Too many times a paragraph referenced a different section altogether, meaning a return to the table of contents, finding that section, then returning to the original location. I think they purposely make it as hard as possible.

So, to make it easier for myself, I converted the entire on-line Blue Book to one pdf document. This allowed me to search by keyword and even make comments (highlighting & text) directly in the pdf for later reference.

Then I created fillable fields for each of their forms. That way, I did a quick run-through in draft, saved it to my computer, and went back several times later to make changes without having to re-write an entire page by hand. Since I have trouble with my hands, this was a big help.

I think this is something others might find useful and want to share. I have posted all of the documents and forms here:

Fillable Social Security Forms

Since I was approved at the Initial Determination level, there are no forms for Appeals or anything else that follows. And, I’m not sure what forms would be required. But, if you will let me know what forms are needed for that process, I will add the fillable fields and post them to the site as well.
plgerrard is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
dixyprinxs (07-27-2018), mrsD (03-09-2010)