View Single Post
Old 03-08-2010, 07:36 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default How many of you have allergies?

I am currently in a trial of sorts, and I do not have all of the information to give to fellow TOSers except this:

Do any of you have an immediate allergic response to alcohol, does having work on your teeth become a nightmare because you metabolize novocaine more than a usual patient, with any of our pain meds, do you get allergic symptoms?

Well, some of our meds need to use the liver and some of our meds avoid the liver altogether.

What is being studied is why are we pain drug resistant? Whether we have neuro TOS, or a broken leg, or teeth work, why do we need "more?"

The is the latest cutting edge pain mgt. research. I do not have more to add. But know that you are not crazy when you do need more, your body just has a rare syndrome that does not allow us the same result.

Once we have a major injury and are trying to get pain relief - long term pain - then our thyroid, adrenals, liver and other things happen that point to this syndrome.

If anyone is taking meds that avoid or go around the liver please list some - as I am not comfortable with my UR (work comp fights) right now to openly list mine, I am sorry.

This time above all other we work comp patients need a God who will protect us from the insurance co.s that want to rid themselves of "problem, costly" patients. Be careful. Tam

Does this ring a bell with any other patients here?
tshadow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote