View Single Post
Old 03-09-2010, 06:21 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Budgies, I do not remember seeing your name before, if you are new to the forum a big welcome, if you have been a lurker thank you for coming into the light, this is a great place to be!

I tried to find the article you mentioned and could not find it online. It IS depressing to read of something like that, but it must be remembered that IPD is one of a spectrum of parkinsonian type disorders, and different people at different times use PD to describe almost anything in that spectrum. IT does sound as though what you mentioned is in all probability a parkinson's plus disorder, or possibly something like LBD which has similarities with them. At any rate it is atypical to progress that fast.

When I hear of people who are suffering from that kind of very fast progression it makes me a bit more determined to do what I can to move an understanding of PD forward, not in terms of medical definition, but what real people experience. It is my belief that when the mysteries of IPD are unravelled and understood treatments for the other disorders on the parkinson's spectrum will rapidly follow. OR perhaps it is one of the other disorders that will provide the key, but either way it is the real people who need to be studied, with open minds, and fresh thinking.

The really depressing thing is that there have been very promising treatments that never made it past the post, and other treatments that are just a re-hash of old ones that do..........

Budgies - is this the same article, I took it from a Times link. It is very much from a caregivers point of view as are the comments. While all of it is from a very caring point of view, it would have been good to read that there was something pro-active that helped to keep the people with PD engaged. In this respect Sasha's post shows a great attitude to PD

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/lif...cle6840326.ece

Peg, perhaps it was the antibiotics that helped, there is a lot to say that infections create inflamation in the brain, it is well recognised in MS.

Lindy

Last edited by lindylanka; 03-09-2010 at 06:35 AM. Reason: to add a link
lindylanka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote