View Single Post
Old 03-09-2010, 09:28 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Kendra, I was on CellCept, but had to stop because my kidneys started to tank. I'm in stage 3 kidney disease. So, if you have kidney disease you may not be able to take it.
With in about 3 weeks, I noticed a difference, but it can take up to a year. I was in my glory, it was the closest I felt to normal in years.
Imuran made me so violently ill, that it may have caused a very mild heart attack in me. They couldn't say for certain, but believed it was the Imuran.
I've heard from many MG'ers that if you get sick from Imuran, you'll probably be able to take Cellcept. For some reason it seems to work that way.
I'd chose Cellcept over Imuran any day. It's suppose to be much safer for the body.
I cried when I had to give up Cellcept. I really did. It was my miracle drug. I'm on CycloSporine now. It works, but not like Cellcept did.
After a couple months on Cellcept my kidneys did feel like I had a severe sunburn from with in my kidneys.(but I am in stage 3, we didn't know it when we started the cellcept) Still, I did not want to give up the cellcept, no choking, no slurring, no falling down..etc.. It was so amazing.
You can go to CellCepts web site, and read up, and they'll send you info in the mail, and a bunch of other fun stuff.
http://www.cellceptforliving.com/
I see there is also a coupon off of it you can get now too. (for those need it now)
I know how scared you are, all this is scary stuff. But I'm so thankful, and happy to see that your doctor is really paying attention to your concerns.
I was so terrified when I was first diagnosed, and infact thought they were mistaken. For months, I made them re-test this, re-test that. I already had a very rare disease, the odds of having another were off the charts, and then they just kept coming.
I hope I helped some..
Love and prayers
Lizzie
Maxwell'sMom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote