View Single Post
Old 03-09-2010, 10:19 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaithS View Post
Sounds like she's open to your suggestions, and, if she's interested in the field, might appreciate this one. Of course, like you said, she needs to make her own decision, but she can't even consider the option if you don't present it to her.

Having the rest of the semester doesn't guarantee that she'll think of this one.
Thanks, Faith. Truly the purpose of this thread was to have fun and look back at all the things we wanted to do and what we ended up doing.

DD18 has a great advisor who has been working with her on this as well. I have been very impressed with her advisor thus far and she has been helpful in guiding DD18 and making suggestions. Based on what DD18 is interested in as well as her natural skills and talents, home ec. is not a good option for her. It would be like telling a person who hates the site of blood to be a phlebotomist. She is not interested in any of the career options for a home ec major except food and even at that she wanted to study the chemical breakdown of food within the body; the effects of all the chemicals we add to foods through processing/agriculture on food, nutritional value, and the body; and things like that.

I remember I also wanted to run an orphanage when I found out I couldn't have 100 kids. LOL
tkrik is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
barb02 (03-09-2010), Kitty (03-09-2010), SandyC (03-09-2010)