Old 03-09-2010, 02:37 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoanB View Post
I used to get waves of nausea when I started Tramadol around this time last year. It took months to go away, but the waves were so short in duration (maybe 30 seconds) that I didn't mind so much. I'm on 600mg/day, but I've built up such a resistance to it that it really only helps a little for pain now.

Sure hope you feel better, mrsD.
I only had the nausea once...when I took a full 50mg that first time. It came more than an hour later...like a tidal wave. I just took slow deep breaths and it passed fairly quickly. But I came very close to hurling at one point! When your saliva goes bonkers...I start getting ready to run to the bathroom..but this nausea did pass and didn't last too long.

I use topical things for my pain in my feet. When my legs and lower back start up (major aching)..that is when I reach for the Ultram.

That "tripping" was really unpleasant. So much so my shy cat came in and sensed it and sat on me thru the whole thing (like I needed THAT!) She would get off when I rolled over, then climb right back on!
She rarely does that, only mostly on vacation when it is cold up there.

I can't imagine people choosing recreational drugs to "trip" and get high... I found it endless timewise (lasted til about 4am), and very very unpleasant!

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote