View Single Post
Old 03-09-2010, 02:51 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default I had 3 prescheduled

I realize my post is not current but i just registered today and read your question and the responses you received. Contrary to the concerns noted for having three epi's scheduled in advance it was explained to me that in some cases as severe as mine it may take several injections to yield measurable results. It was further explained that the LEI can be used as a diagnostic tool to better understand what problems I have with my spine. You see I spent a lifetime being mis-diagnosed so the doctor was interested to see if i responded well to the LEI or not. Based on zero relief or improvement I eventually had to resort to surgeries. I wish the epidurals were effective but I have far more damage than bulging discs or inflamation. good luck...hope this helps. I'd suggest asking your doctor the reason for sets of three so you know exactly why he is treating your specific condition in this manner. Even when we have the exact same issues often times we require very diffeent fixes. .
Quote:
Originally Posted by truivia View Post
It was suggested I repost this here ( I had it posted over in chronic pain )

I am new here so will in brief explain my injury - All L disks are herniated - S1 S2 as well and then those "spacers" are messed up between the disks, and tons of nerve damage and pinched nerves, arthritis, scoliosis, stenosis, degenerative disk --- I think that cover the spine

So I went to a pain clinic for the first time today and they strongly suggested Lumbar Epidural Injections - which I would very much like you all to share me your thoughts on PLEASE

The Dr told me it is a type of steroid and will do wonders for my pain level???

I was on oral steroids 2 times and both times felt like a new person - I had almost zero pain for the first time in 6 yrs.

So of course this treatment sounds very tempting to me - but I want to check around and get thoughts/opinions on it -

I am set to get a series of 3 of these - 1 week apart and then they said I am not allowed to get any more for 6 months - but they also said I would not need any more for 6 months as this first set of 3 will last that long

Please tell me anything you know about this treatment - the good the bad and the ugly

Thanks !
jgianniny is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
tamiloo (03-16-2011)