View Single Post
Old 01-25-2007, 08:52 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalenaFaolan View Post
I get those sores too. Most of the time they're on my legs. I've had quite a few and they always take a couple of weeks to heal and leave a scar. My skin has gotten so bad a small cut even takes a long time to heal and leaves a scar. My sores come from small red spots that look like blood blisters. It started not long after the RSD started. It sucks but just keep them clean and if they get big or look infected go to the doc.

Hugs,
Karen
Karen, are the sores on your rsd affected parts of your body, or the non-rsd parts? Yes, some of them start as blood blisters. I do know that some of them itch, and really without thinking about it, I scratch, and THERE THEY GO! Off and running. And some of them get so bad that they actually "crater" - get really deep. I haven't been putting anything on it, mainly because (and this will sound silly!) recently one of my puppies had an ear infection which made him scratch so badly that he had a hot spot near his ear. I put some neosporin on the spot and the vet said it was a no-no, cuz the air couldn't get to it to dry it out. That thought went thru my head when I started to get these sores. That if I covered them, they wouldn't heal. Welll......they still aren't healing! I shower every day, and they remain clean, but there are so many, I really can't put bandaids over every single one, and the nuskin I believe Curious spoke about....it would probably take a whole bottle each time I did cover them once! LOL!

Have you talked to your doc about them? If so, what has he/she said? Do they leave scars afterwards? Raised skin or just a discolored spot?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~
Visit My Message Board - Helping Custodial Parents Collect Child Support From Deadbeats for 7 Years

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~
right Side TOS Decompression Surgery 12/2005
RSD Exacerbated after surgery
Still have TOS on left side
RSD On right side, currently in hand, forearm (underside), shoulder, chest, to hollow of throat, and in left hand creeping up into left wrist
LisaM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote