Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by mymomsadvocate View Post
After reading your blog and looking at your pictures,
My Mom's foot, and calf area look identical.
She has the same dry skin like rash on her foot, area, and at one period in time, her skin would swell so much that it actually gave way, and began weeping for about six months.
We haven't tried any type of lotions on it, because it causes too much pain to touch her skin, but as far as the episom salt, we did the 30 minute soaks and it did seem to help perk her skin up slightly.
I hope this helps, and if you have any questions, feel free to contact me. :-)
Thank you!
-MyMomsAdvocate
Since the epsom salts works some, this is something else to try:

http://www.kirkmanlabs.com/ViewProdu...ct_ID@124.aspx

This product helps magnesium get into the skin and blood vessels and dilate the constricted blood vessels that are impairing circulation. It comes with a measure/scoop, 100mg/gram. I would not use more than 400mg a day (4 scoops)
If this starts to work, then oral magnesium would be the next step. Once the little vessels open up, the circulation improves, and then the oral can take over:

Here is my magnesium thread:
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/thread1138.html

RSD is part neuropathy part circulatory. I would contact the doctors and make sure she has good kidney functions. The RDA for magnesium elemental is about 400mg/day. Most people do not eat magnesium rich foods anymore so can be very low in this essential mineral.

I had a patient with black fingers... who failed on all vasodilatory drugs. She had scleroderma. I started her on the epsom salts soaks 3 times a day with natural vitamin E (which you can do too)... 800 IU per day. When she started to respond, we moved to the oral magnesium, and she got her fingers back. --it took a couple of months. (and avoided amputation which was the dramatic next step). She was so excited, she had me invited to the State's scleroderma society yearly meeting, and I gave a talk for all of them that day!

This simple thing can work wonders. It will not "cure" RSD, but I think it will improve comfort considerably. I have other things you can try, but do this first.

You are a very good daughter to try and help your Mom. She is lucky to have you.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (09-09-2015)