View Single Post
Old 03-09-2010, 07:18 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Remember how we were talking about the salt thing? Are you able to ask your doctor what your potassium level is? My levels are always low since starting prednisone, and I also will have the sensation of having an irregular rhythm in my heart now and then...

I'm not exactly sure about how the relationship between salt and potassium works, but I recall reading something that seemed to imply that when on prednisone, and if you consume too much salt, the salt is retained, and more potassium is lost....This seemed to fit in with my 'episodes' where I'd get sorta dizzy, sweaty, have a horrid headache, and have little bouts of feeling like my heart was skipping, like that feeling you get when you go down a rollercoaster- but it'd last for just a moment, but was frightening...

I'm still not quite sure if salt/potassium was actually responsible for these episodes, like I said, but it seems to fit...

SOrry you haven't gotten more concrete answers...I know that the 'not knwoing' is the worst part...

Nicky
Nicknerd is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote