Thread: Feeling Good
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2010, 07:39 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Let's see...I am take 4 medications: Lyrica, Tramadol, Meloxicam, and Doxepin. I know one is an NSAID and the others are for the pain. The doc upped the dose of Lyrica from 150MG a day to 225MG and I definitely saw a little improvement (not a lot...but a little) from that. I also have Lidoderm patches which help a little.

As for sleep...I will try the Benadryl. Part of my problem is my work schedule. It's not uncommon for me to close the building and then be back to open the next day and I never would have a "regular" sleep schedule with retail hours, so I have always been afraid of taking stuff to sleep because what if it works too well and I don't get up for work. But I'll try the Benadryl on nights when I don't have to be up early and I will see how it affects me. Thanks for the suggestions.

I have to say that this week has been hard. A week after being back to "regular" work and I feel like someone beat the crap out of me. But I just grit my teeth and keep moving because I know the alternative is NOT what I want. I am really hoping that getting the TENS unit will help a lot. I used a wheelchair and crutches for a couple of months while trying to get a diagnosis and unless I just cannot do it any more I don't want to go that route because...well...it will be a heck of a lot harder to be "normal" and "myself" in a wheelchair or scooter. But I am also a realist an know that someday I may not have a choice in the matter. But I want to put that off as long as possible.

Thanks again for all the kind posts. Hope4thebest...thanks for your support and for the prayers. I know I will need them. And I love that saying Kathy. I run a cross stitch board online and we are trying to create a stitched chart with that saying on it, "Live isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain." How funny that you would post that hear. Really is the truth though.

I pray that everyone with this terrible, awful condition gets the support and love they need to continue on. If I didn't know that there were others struggling with what I am and know their stories...I don't think that I could do what I do each day. I am a stubborn little runt, though, and I just am determined not to give in. Big hugs to everyone!
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
fmichael (03-10-2010), Kakimbo (03-10-2010), SandyRI (03-10-2010)