View Single Post
Old 03-09-2010, 11:40 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolby View Post
My hands are frequently going numb at night multiple times. Often, I wake up because my either hand is numb. I've been trying to sleep with my arms straight but it's difficult to do this. Does anyone with hand numbness use wrist or elbow braces or support while sleeping? If so, is it effective?
I had a lot of problems with my hands and arms going numb. I also have PN in my feet fWIW. I used the wrist braces for about 6 months at night. It really did help and I was surprised that it did, as it was to the point where the pain was so bad that I could not sleep unless sitting up.
After about 6 months I stopped using the braces most nights until I didn't need them at all.
Now I sometimes keep my wrist slightly bent by putting a small pillow under it when I sleep on my side. That helps ease any discomfort.
Turns out I had a herniated disk in my neck that caused the problem even though I was first told it was Thoracic Outlet Syndrome, and then Ulnar nerve entrapment. If not for my family doctor who could read MRI's I probably never would have found out about the herniated disk as the MRI report did not suggest it. And my neck really didn't bother me much.
So to make a long story long, yes the braces really do help!
But I also had an epidural in my spinal column to reduce the inflammation for the disk. That helped a lot but I still needed the braces afterwards.
Sunrise is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote