View Single Post
Old 03-10-2010, 12:45 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile

Jana,

It is too bad about me not having medical insurance, MG caught me at a bad time in my life. I HAD a great job with lots of benefits, but I had to quit...still angry about that, and it wasn't my fault (not going to explain here right now). I couldn't afford those ridiculous COBRA payments - or whatever they are called to continue your insurance when you lose a job.

I do have a savings account that I use to pay my medical bills. It won't last forever so I do need to figure out something else for the future.

Everything I read about social security disability is discouraging since I have "mild" MG. I have decided to document every time I can't do something because of MG so that I can fill out the forms better. I have a tendancy to be positive about my abilities and I have a hard time focusing on my limitations. This is good for my happiness but bad when it comes to filling out a form where I need to explain what I can't do. I don't like to think about what I can't do let alone write it down! Makes me feel terrible.

Thank you for thinking of me.

DesertFlower is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote