View Single Post
Old 03-10-2010, 12:46 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Heart

I think you should be sleeping!

I am so ticked off that they have not looked at the big picture with you.

A clot should've been the FIRST thing they checked. Was it Jim (formerly of TX, now in MI) who had a PE? A friend of mine got one after IVIG and they figured out she had APS. I've know more people who have had clots after invasive treatments or procedures. A D-Dimer is a simple blood test, which any doctor in his or her right mind should've ordered. I've had it done after surgery, when I've had heart pain, etc. It's a standard test.

If it were me, I'd at least bring it up to a nurse and let her run with it. Maybe ask her why they haven't considered a clot or PE. Then watch her face turn ashen as she turns to sprint out the door.

This is serious stuff and I simply don't get the doctoring. Don't worry, you are in the right place to figure all this out. As my Dad would've said, "Don't fret."

I would say to get a "little" mad at them in the morning but I don't want your BP going up!!! At least be calm and serious. I'm figuratively slapping them upside their heads.

You get some sleep. Talking to a nurse before you do will help. They really do know what they are doing and they sort of "run" the place (sorry, docs).

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote