Thread: Feeling Good
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2010, 03:37 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Catra,
I wanted to support Debby's idea of getting a little electric (battery run) scooter..

I also work full time...I have RSD in my left foot/lower limb with mirror spread to my right foot..

At this point, I have great difficulty and pain walking more than 50 yards....or less..
It took a great deal of effort and letter-writing, etc to WC for them to finally authorize the purchase of a scooter ( a little 4-wheeler), as well as an automatic scooter lift for my car. Their plan was to issue me a manual wheel chair..............

The scooter has made a huge difference in my life, even though I didn't want to admit to myself that I was stuck and immobilized without one, and had reached the point of needing a scooter....the reality of my condition came to the fore when I realized I simply couldn't go anywhere!!
I can go for "walks" now, to a museum, or for a stroll along a paved path by the ocean...

Last week I found an additional scooter online (used) for $300 which I bought .. I leave this one parked near my desk at work (it's a 3-wheeler) so that I can navigate the long corridors or attend meetings on the other side of the building, etc. as needed..

You can view the type of scooter by googling GoGo Elite...it is manufactured by Pride

I am still working on re-defining my eternal identity, as I used to hike the coastal mountains in Northern California...

My internal identity, on the otherhand, is somehow being fortified, by learning to be patient, and trying to accept the changes, moment by moment..
Easier said than done...

I am concerned that you are exhausting yourself and are in such pain.....
I feel it vicariously!
Take good care!
Hope4thebest xoxox
hope4thebest is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
fmichael (03-10-2010), SandyRI (03-10-2010)