View Single Post
Old 03-10-2010, 11:58 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by plgerrard View Post
That's the file you want. Since you burned it to a CD rather than a DVD, it is a little different process to play on your computer. So, remember that when you start burning to DVDs, the process will not be the same. They will most likely start playing automatically, or give you the pop up box Jo*Mar referred to.

But for now you are using a CD, so your next step is to go ahead and click OPEN WITH. This will give you a list of programs installed on your computer. You will want to look for Windows Media Player and choose that.

Hopefully you are now viewing your video. This is called a VCD (Video CD). If you have a DVD player that supports the VCD format, it will play this disc. But, not many DVD players support this format anymore.

Now that you know you can burn to disc, you will probably want to purchase some DVD's. I keep both DVD+R and DVD-R on hand. Some older DVD players only support one format or the other, so I keep both. That way I can burn the type supported by the recipient's DVD player. You might want to check and see what type of DVD your friend's player supports.

One more hint: Don't be afraid to experiment. I wouldn't have said that with Windows 98, but Windows XP does have that wonderful System Restore feature, and you are already familiar with it. One of the things I have always done, is create a Restore Point when I am installing software I am unsure of. Simply open System Restore the way you normally would, but select 'Create a Restore Point'. You will asked to name it. I typically name it something like 'Before *NameOfSoftware* Install'.

Okay, now that I've stopped jumping up and down because I learned something new, I'm ready for another lesson.

Now that I've burned ONE 20 second video onto a disc, I take it I go out and buy a dvd-R or a dvd+R. (which one do I get), this question has nothing to do with my friend's player, it's about my player. I want to get the discs, burn stuff and play the stuff on my Audiovox, so which dvd thing do I get?

Now here's another good question.

Let's say I buy the dvd+ or - R thingee, and I burn a video. And I play it back, what happens the next time I want to use the same DVD + or - thing?

I assume I can put several videos on one dvd thingee right?

So do I assign it a place on the dvd thingee or does it do it all by itself (burn I mean).

Let's say I make 5 videos using my webcam. And I want to put those 5 videos on the dvd thingee. When I view it, will it go from one video to another, I gather I name all these videos? I am probably answering my own question, but since this is VIRGIN territory for me, I'm like Macguyver. I like to learn BEFORE I do.

How cool is this, to be 62 years young and still excited about technology.

I'm going to be making sprouting videos all over the place.

lol

P.S. I just bought a balance/wobble board, I want to make a video of that too.

What I really need to do is get a router, and buy myself a laptop because Alan is on this thing all day long and I only get to go on it when he's asleep. I really do need to get my own laptop.

I thought I would get it with the Stimulus check that Obama said he would give the seniors. Alan just told me we are not getting any check and my friend called me and said "do you know what the government is doing with the money from that stiimulus check all the seniors were supposed to get?" I said "what?" and she said "they are studying Monkeys getting hight".

I have no idea what the heck she was talking about.

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote