View Single Post
Old 03-10-2010, 12:55 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

OT. Moderate commenting? Absolutely! Even here, or the sister site PC, which are support sites, I am often misunderstood.

I think this is the main reason I tend to isolate.
Where I do volunteer (and that is interacting with others less than once a month) they call me "eccentric" behind my back. They don't know it's the TBI/PTSD.

One fortunate thing ? from the TBI is I can't remember what I know. A wealth of knowledge was stored in my brain and now it's worthless. But I couldn't use it even if I did recall it. The bad part is I feel like I used to know stuff, and become frustrated when I can't be sure or access the thoughts.

I also can't get into any "arguments" or discussions of the like. Once the back and forth begins, I lose the ability to remember my position, or any data substantiating my opinion. This makes me look (and feel) like I was wrong and didn't know what I was talking about.

One of my main problems is I will say something I know to be true, and if I don't back it up with good internet or other documentation, it may not be. Memory issues have caused me to most recently take another look at whether I'm fit for human consumption or not.

I'm currently trying to limit my having any opinions at all! I think this will prevent much of the angst in any relationships I might make?

Last edited by JD; 03-10-2010 at 01:28 PM.
JD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote