View Single Post
Old 03-10-2010, 01:38 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I don't want to be hateful or argumentative -- or be negative in any way. So, I hope the moderators will understand that I am really trying to be respectful of them, of the other members, and of the purpose of a forum like this.

I was denied the first time -- and I had a ROCK SOLID case. No "if's, and's, or but's". I was a "classic" case that SHOULD have won on the first go-round.

I hired an attorney with a 90%+ rate, contacted all of my state and national legislators, and kicked up a LOT of dust.

My state has the WORST approval rate. Someone posted the stats link for all of the states on a thread here recently.

Until you have been denied UNFAIRLY, I don't think that you TRULY understand how Christian feels. I was in total SHOCK and unable to function for almost four months -- from the time I got my denial letter -- until my reconsideration paperwork was filled out by my attorney and I received approval BY MAIL!!! When I say that I was "unable to function" -- I mean that besides having to deal with my disability (Myasthenia Gravis) -- I was unable to focus on ANYTHING!! I was a TOTAL WRECK!!

Four months is NOTHING compared to how Christian must feel -- SIX YEARS!!! Angry?? I would say that your feelings are CERTAINLY valid!! Christian, you are in my prayers!! God is BIGGER than the government!!