View Single Post
Old 03-10-2010, 06:02 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default starting cellcept & am terrified!!!

Thank you all sooo much for your input and advice. This has been one of the hardest decisions I ever had to make. First of all I called the Dr who treated my melanoma today. He said the risk of developing melanoma is low, to watch for any new spots or changes in moles and to come in immediately if I see anything. If not to continue with my once a year skin cancer screening. He said he felt the MG needs to be treated and the risk is low. Even after hearing that I'm still scared to take it. I started an antibiotic on Mon for a throat infection and think alot of the weakness is coming from being sick. So I have decided to wait until I finish the antibiotic and see how I feel then. If I feel alot better I am going to call the Neuro and tell him and explain I'm not ready to try the cellcept yet. If I don't get better I will rethink this then. My fear is that if I don't give it a shot my Neuro won't want me to lower my pred anymore. I want off it too!!! Do any of you have any advice on how to make him understand that I really don't want to take either unless my MG gets so bad I can't deal with the symptoms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellatum View Post
I don't know if this has come up, but there's a study questioning the efficacy of CellCept for MG. You can see an article about it here: http://journals.lww.com/neurotodayon...bo_for.16.aspx . As you can see, it's not clear whether the results of the study are valid. But it may be something to take into consideration.

Abby
dog lover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote