View Single Post
Old 03-10-2010, 07:28 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

This is from a Cellcept website:

Before you start to take CELLCEPT:
Tell your doctor if:

1.you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant
It is not known whether CELLCEPT is harmful to an unborn baby when taken by a pregnant woman. There have been cases of birth defects reported in patients exposed to CELLCEPT in combination with other immunosuppressants during pregnancy. If there is a need to take CELLCEPT when you are pregnant your doctor will discuss the risks and benefits to you and the unborn baby.

Women of childbearing potential should have a pregnancy test to show they are NOT pregnant one week before starting to take CELLCEPT.
2.you are breastfeeding or plan to breastfeed
It is not known whether CELLCEPT passes into breast milk. If you are taking CELLCEPT, your doctor may advise you to stop breast-feeding, or to stop taking CELLCEPT.
3.you have any other health problems, especially the following:
•severe kidney disease
•a history of serious stomach or bowel problems (such as ulcers or bleeding)
•you have a rare disease such as Lesch-Nyhan or Kelley-Seegmiller syndrome
•a history of sun spots or skin cancers
4.you have phenylketonuria
You may not be able to take CELLCEPT SUSPENSION as it contains a source of phenylalanine.
5.you are allergic to any other medicines, foods, dyes or preservatives.
If you have not told your doctor about any of the above, do so before you start taking CELLCEPT.

If you had basal cell or squamous skin cancer history, I could understand the relaxed attitude of your docs. But, you had melanoma -- so, I am totally BAFFLED at your doctor's advice.

Heck, Kendra, I'm NOT a doc -- maybe I'm getting all worked up over NOTHING.

I DO think that your MG is worse right now because you are sick -- and will be for a couple of weeks afterwards.