View Single Post
Old 03-10-2010, 09:35 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thank you, Annie. I am trying to figure out how to handle things delicately. I wrote up a careful list of my complaints, while I remembered the details, but I'm not sure what to do with it. I will take your warning to heart before I decide to give it to my doctor. It hadn't occurred to me that it could cause me trouble down the road.

I should clarify--when I said that my neuro insisted I have the scan with contrast, I only meant that he asked me to have it redone after it was done without contrast (his secretary's mistake). I told him I would. The radiologist was displeased--I guess sometimes the prescribing doctors leave the decision about contrast up to the radiologist, and this radiologist thought the contrast was useless. But nobody pressured me to have it done. After an hour in my gown on the table, waiting for everyone to figure out whether the iodine dye was safe, and whether it was worth getting the thing done anyway, I announced that I would be going home now, and that I'd be happy to come back some other time after they all figured everything out. They were all very agreeable to that! By then I had a wanging caffeine-withdrawal headache (a fasting test...delayed...) and wasn't feeling very patient.

Thanks again, Annie, for your help.

Abby
Stellatum is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote