View Single Post
Old 03-11-2010, 12:46 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Ok, one more tidbit, Mrs. D,
i have low Alkaline phos--27 L --normal is 39-117.

I read that high is not good, but low can be linked sometimes to low magnesium levels, too, right?

I do have epsom salts. Have not used them lately.
I also just started a calcium supplement that I mentioned here in this thread by Metagenics that has 300mg. magnesium in it. That's 300 mg more than I've knowingly had ever before. Hopefully that might help a bit, too?

I"m thinking of asking the dr. on the 17th about mag levels getting checked.

I have taken naproxen a few times, but not really long term. I have mostly been 'depending on' the Vicodin. Because of all of the risks involved with the naproxen. I do not take aspirin related products.

I have read online that Vicodin can cause ear-ringing. So I'm hoping/praying that when I get off of it, the ear-ringing will go away, too.

I have Citrus limon bioflavonoids in my Vit. C.

Thanks for the info on the grapeseed extract too and the iron.

I did write you back a PM a while back when you sent me one about wondering about the magnets.

I can try again, if I can figure it out....

Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
You are having ear ringing?

This can be due to poor circulation or a magnesium deficiency.
Have you tried soaking your feet in epsom salts? This will allow some magnesium into the small blood vessels, and also will be relaxing.

Another thing that helps ear ringing is using some form of antioxidant.
Antioxidants such as grapeseed extract and citrus bioflavinoids can help with vascular inflammation too.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lipoflavonoid

Are you taking alot of aspirin? This will also cause ear ringing (tinnitus). NSAIDs for the foot pain?
http://www.tchain.com/otoneurology/d...g/tinnitus.htm

If you do decide to take some iron, there are forms that are easier to tolerate. SlowFe is one of those. And iron is best absorbed with acid...like orange juice.

The low white count is troubling too. But sometimes people have a virus, and a low count can be due to that.

Don't forget.... magnets may help your pain in the feet and allow you to use less oral medication.

If you want that information, search "magnets" on this forum, and PM me.
cher is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote