Thread: weak legs
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2010, 08:49 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default dmso

CTenaLouise, what is dmso?

Paula, I too have the sciatica pain, horrible thing. I had a 3 level fusion on Feb of last year. The fusion was on L4, L5 and S1. It is solid, but now there is ruptured disk on L3 that is pinching nerve. I have had PT, tons of it. I am a lap swimmer so do the water stuff. However, my swimming is getting harder and harder. I do have a recumbant bike which I am starting to use more frequently. The only thing I haven't tried is acupuncture. I heard that might help with pain.

I used to take Pamelor for depression, didn't realize it helped leg weakness. I see my neuro on Mar 29, need to make a list of items to discuss and I will add leg weakness.

Paula, you sound like you were very active physically and still are but in different ways. It is hard for me to compare what I once was to what I am evolving into and need to stop doing that!!

I think one reason I was so shakey yesterday morning when I started this thread was because I forgot to take my evening meds the night before, good grief!! But thanks to Rick, I am going to have my potassium levels checked. I put a list of potassium rich foods on refrigerator door.
libra is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote