View Single Post
Old 03-11-2010, 09:28 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Having been a federal employee, now retired, I can state with fact, you owe...you pay up. It happened to me one time in my career. I was accidently overpaid by one pay period. The difference was, I caught it and returned it. In any case, a person could go on and on about the various agencies. There are overpayments, there are also underpayments. The goal is to collect back what is owed. And if that means reducing your disability annuity, then so be it. I personally can't fathom why people don't read the fine print so to say nor plan better for the future. And btw, there are articles about rounding up federal employees who have not paid their taxes. My thing is...round them up too and then fire them as far as I am concerned. But they need to start at the top with other tax cheats and also round up civilians in the process. What some of you may not also understand is that the systems are massive and a lot of the time do not communicate with each other. That in large part is part of the problem with contractors and Iraq. Just know oversight is in place and always has been. But you need to realize too a lot of this paper documentation. Not everything is electronic. BUT...it all catches up in the long run. It may take awhile. But again, if you owe...you pay up. And again, might be a reduction in your pension or disability annuity, might be a garnishment or even a lump sum payment. But people need to understand that they can't skate.
Kathi49 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
MelodyL (03-11-2010)