View Single Post
Old 03-11-2010, 11:24 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by catie View Post
Hi!
I'm in the process of being diagnosed with MG. I don't have many symptoms right now except double vision, which is really causing problems with me being able to do my job.

A recent tensilon test was inconclusive; however, neuro prescribed Mestinon and the medication seems to be improving my double vision a bit, but it certainly is not eliminating it. She told me now to take the Mestinon 3x/day, but I didn't bother to ask her how frequently I can take it. It only seems to help for 3 hours max. Can anyone share their experience with taking Mestinon for double vision. Has it helped long term?

Catie
My MG started with double vision only, but by the time I was diagnosed with MG I had lots of other symptoms.

I take only Mestinon and it helps with my double vision, although not at first, it took 5 months for it to help with the double vision. Now I rarely have problems seeing as long as I take the Mestinon regularly (and get plenty of rest).

Absolutely for me the Mestinon has helped in the long term with double vision.

I take 30 mg of Mestinon 3 times a day. I find that it lasts for about 4 hours.

Remember that too much Mestinon can make your double vision worse just as much as not enough. You may have to adjust your dose to figure out what works best for you.

I initially was taking 60 mg of Mestinon 2 times a day and although it was helping with some of my symptoms, it was not helping with the double vision and I found out it was because it was too much Mestinon (for me).

I hope this helps.

DesertFlower is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote