View Single Post
Old 03-11-2010, 12:08 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Hmmm, I agree with it. If you take a loan out or borrow anything one should pay it back. If you don't then it should be garnished, period. If one cannot afford it, don't buy it. If you found yourself in a mess because rates went up or what not, you should still pay even if it's hard times. I doubt this would even be argued if it were say, child support. Don't you think if a parent owes child support that it could be garnished from their check whatever it is? Be accountable, it's as simple as that. If it's a mistake then one has to take steps to clear their name. It sucks but happens and you have to fight for your rights unfortunately.

Heck, my mom is paying on a repo car she sent back to the bank when she got sick and could no longer drive. They sold it and didn't get what she owed so she now owes the difference. She's worked out a payment plan and pays it monthly until it's paid up. She is on widows pension and disability. The payment is workable for her. She wasn't happy but like I told her, the bank has to make their money too and it was not their fault she got sick and couldn't pay the car note. She understands that now.

So, yes, I support this idea.

Last edited by SandyC; 03-11-2010 at 04:21 PM. Reason: typo
SandyC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote