View Single Post
Old 03-11-2010, 12:46 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

A week and a half ago my son and I rode Chilly Hilly, 33 miles of up and down steep hills. This was preceded by a 45 minute wait for the ferry and a half hour ferry ride. I was chilly, then warm, then riding. I just stopped once for about 3 minutes to take off a jacket. At the end I met up with some friends of my son at a restaurant. They had ordered several pitchers of beer and lots of deep fried foods. We sat there for easily two hours until I finally had to stand up and stretch right there in the restaurant and then leave to catch the ferry. We had nearly an hour wait for the ferry, etc. etc. It took nearly a week for me to recover. The biking was fine, waiting and food were not. I had low energy and an upset stomach for the whole week. Lesson learned, remember you have PD and don't go nuts varying your schedule.

I'm back to my hour and a half a day at 80-90 rpm and feeling fine.

I, too, love to garden and find that I can do so for about a half hour, then rest and go at it again. Stop when my body says stop.

You might also read "Spark: The Revolutionary New Science of Exercise and the Brain"
~ John J. Ratey.
Nan Cyclist is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote