View Single Post
Old 03-11-2010, 06:07 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

let me add my two cents worth - -

CT scans are expensive and expose the patient to a fair amount of radiation.

I would not have repeated the CT scan unless they paid for it...since they wrote the orders incorrectly to begin with (remember, the secretary is the AGENT of the doctor if/when submitting the docs orders)...and maybe not even then.

I would ask for a copy of my files - - but I do that with every doctors visit. This keeps my files up to date and keeps me out of any difficulties if I decide to change docs.

My first neuro was like yours - tons of tests (MRI, CT scans, some blood work). On second visit he said tests were all negative - no brain tumor - but he wanted to refer me to another neuro (50 miles away - turned out to be an ALS clinic).

I got irritated (to say the least), did a tap dance on my PCP's desk and suggested this was a worthless refferal. Then found my own neuro (who has been great!). Upon in office exam, the unoffical dx was MG - ALS was virtually ruled out, and the future possibility of other AI disorders 'moving in' were considered.

My opinion (very much like Annie's)...choose the time and place to have your 'tap dance' , but always let your feet take you to a place where you feel comfortable and have confidence in the team (doc, PA's, LP's, secretaries, etc.).

There has got to be another doc within a reasonable distance. How close are you to Boston or Hartford?

Sue
suev is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AnnieB3 (03-11-2010)