Old 03-11-2010, 06:50 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathi49 View Post
Sandy,

I forgot to add that the federal government DOES garnish wages for child support. I've seen that happen a few times. Also, if one borrows from their TSP as in a loan; that too has to be paid back at some point and usually with interest. I could never understand why someone would want to pay interest on their own contribtions LOL! But they do sometimes. It may have changed now but that is how it used to be.

Melody, you have me laughing. My best friend's mother more or less catered to her grandkids for the longest time! I know how she felt though; she didn't want her great grand children to suffer. Even so it darn near bankrupted her. Both myself and my best friend sat her down one day and told her...enough is enough; those adult grandkids needed to get their act together.
Thank the lord you have a brain. You gave that person the best advice. I hope she took it.

Do you know how many people I know who either have their kids or their grandkids in the basement? These people are in their 20's. DO NOTHING but go on the computer or play video games all day long (most are guys). And god forbid someone should say ANYTHING!!!

The answer always is "Well, he can't find a job, he can't work" "WHAT ELSE CAN I DO??"

Go to a tough love meeting. That's what they should do.

I am OFFICIALLY off of my soapbox now.

lol lol
Melody

P.S. The best story I heard was when an old old friend of mine had an adult child who drank ALL THE TIME, passing out all over the place. They always ran to rescue him. When I discreetly asked if maybe the guy should go to rehab I was hit with "Oh, he doesn't have a drinking problem".

I said 'What???" and then I was told "So what if he enjoys an occasional drink?"

??????????????????????????????????????

Then, when I picked myself off of the floor, I asked the question: "do you think he takes drugs"?" I was met with "OF COURSE NOT, HE WOULDN'T DO THAT".

Then how come when I walked in on he and his friends one summer night, the smell of pot was all over the place and I said 'put all this out, they are behind me'. The jumped up and started spraying.

Parents HAVE NO CLUE. I think they want to be in denial. Then they don't have to acknowledge all this negative behavior.

Oh yesterday my husband and I were waiting for a bus. My husband's neck nearly came off of his body. I said "what the heck are you doing, do you want to get whiplash?' He said "Did you see that girl? OH MY GOODNESS"

We got on the bus, and as the bus passed the girl, EVERYBODY ON THE BUS GOT WHIPLASH. Including me!!

She was about 16 or so, pink neon hair (that wasn't the worst). And she had on a blouse that was cut down to her naval. I kid you not.

She had to be a 44 FF (if indeed there is such a size. I have never seen BAZONGAS like this in my life.

She just walked up to the bus but didn't get on. The other teenage girls burst out laughing at her. She was laughing too but I have no idea why. I gather they realized everyone on the bus saw her walking down the street.

EVERYTHING WAS HANGING OUT, if you get my drift.

Someone on the bus said "How the heck did her mother let her out of the house."?

And these people are our future.

Oh well!!!

lol

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SandyC (03-11-2010)