Thread: mdds
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2010, 06:41 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Welcome roadrunner. I'm fairly new to this forum myself, and learning more every day.

My mother had MdDS. She was diagnosed in 2005 after a cruise. It took almost 5 months for her to be diagnosed, and I know how difficult it was for her to deal with. So I know a little of what you are going through.

I don't think it has anything to do with the patch you used. Before the onset of MdDS, my parents had been on numerous cruises. They planned their retirement to travel - had been through the Panama Canal, to Canada, on the Rivers in Europe, Alaska, etc. The Panama Canal trip was 3-weeks long. She had never used a motion-sickness patch. And all of a sudden after a 5-day cruise she walked off the ship and never stopped rocking.

As you probably already know, motion stops the rocking. She loves car trips, because the rocking stops. They have gone through the Panama Canal again. They chose the trip purposely, just so she could enjoy 3 weeks without rocking.

She said that she kept remembering the song "What do you do with a drunken sailor". She decided they weren't drunk - they had MdDS.

Then about 5 months ago, she was tested for Vitamin D deficiency because of pain she was having in the joints of her hands. She was deficient. Funny thing was that after she started Vitamin D treatments the rocking stopped.

They say that MdDS can stop as quickly as it starts. It may be coincidence. It may be the Vitamin D. You might want to ask your doctor to test for that.

Look forward to seeing you around.
plgerrard is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (03-12-2010), Kitty (03-12-2010), mrsD (03-12-2010)