View Single Post
Old 03-12-2010, 03:16 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Every time I read and learn more about the "medical establishment", my trust and faith I once had in the system are disappearing. As sad it sounds, this article is a statement of the times we live in, financial gains at the top of anything else and new equates to better.

I see big pharma being no different than any other industry. When I was read this article, I see the common theme between two diverse industries, medicial field (real lives) and as trivial as the electronic games for children (fantasy). In the last two years since my introduction to Nintendo games, I have seen three new versions, DS, DS-L, DS-I and DS-something, all essentially do the same, extra things make it more expensive but not necessarily make the toy very different from the older versions. My only rationale for such improvement is to to make money......

Pharamaceutical companies are doing the exact same thing, except they are playing with people's lives. Minor changes in drug design and the same drug comes back to the market with an increase in price. As long as insurance pays for it, we dont notice or feel the financial burden (akin to parent buying a toy for a kid!). Modifications in the existing treatments are intellectually interesting to researchers and doctors and bring in a lot of money for the pharma.
Only difference I see is my kid is happy to see slight changes in her games, but I am not, feel like the biggest loser in this game. Thanks

Girija
girija is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Bob Dawson (03-13-2010), imark3000 (03-12-2010), lindylanka (03-12-2010), lou_lou (03-12-2010), olsen (03-12-2010), RLSmi (03-13-2010), violet green (03-13-2010)