View Single Post
Old 03-12-2010, 04:12 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Had my follow-up appt with neuro a couple of weeks ago and he finally put in my chart something other than possible generic neuropathy...small fiber neuropathy. When I brought up RSD he said RSD usually evolves from a crushing injury and follows a limb. I reminded him I have had a right burning shoulder for years and about a year ago my right hand was pretty useless (I'm right-handed). He mentioned gabapentin, Nortriptyline or Topamax as future drug possibilities.

I also reminded him I don't have a desk job but am a self-employed mobile dog groomer who lifts dogs constantly, have been bitten a couple of times, stands all day, holds a heavy blow dryer hose for sometimes hours at a time, do 90% of all the maintenance on my grooming van (mostly underneath the vehicle) and was a workhorse. He was facing the wall when he commented, 'you're a dog groomer?' At that point I don't know whether a light went on for him or if he was going to ask me for a business card - LOL.

Neuro wants me to finish up the epidurals with my anesthesiologist/pain dr before he sees me again. Unfortunately epidurals have not helped in neck or lumbar regions. I have a post-op with pain dr next week. I believe my pain dr has seen more RSD than this neuro has so my money is on him right now.

Right now I'm trying to research the difference between RSD and small fiber neuropathy, if there is any, so I can have some ammunition when I return to neuro later this month.

Thanks to all.
Mycah is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote