View Single Post
Old 03-12-2010, 05:19 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks, Lizzie, I appreciate it. I have managed sooo many doctors over the years, especially since one of my seven kids has congenital heart and liver defects. I'm still sort of not sure about this one. He is respectful and doesn't rush me, and there's nothing I want him to do that he's not doing--I mean he has given me a tentative diagnosis even without positive tests, and is willing to prescribe MG drugs for me. He's testing for the right stuff, too--first the AChR antibodies, then the SFEMG, now the MuSK.

When I first came down with Graves, I went to a doctor who saw my mild hysteria (Graves will do that to you) and wrote me off as a hypochondriac. That was devastating, and it delayed my treatment signficantly. This doctor is very respectful and takes me completely seriously--he hasn't given a hint of suggestion that I may be exaggerrating. So, those are plusses. I mean, I've had much worse doctors!! I don't want to trade him for an unknown who turns out to be worse. And I don't want to burn bridges.

I'm about 12 hours from John Hopkins...
Stellatum is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote