View Single Post
Old 03-12-2010, 10:14 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Duodopa study

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim0918 View Post
I've heard of a lot of problems with leaking at the peg tube site leading to infection. Not much else though. UF has it on their site that the study they are doing is scheduled to end mid 2010.
My wife is currently in a duodopa study and is the first at the hospital doing the trial. She started on the 22'nd of Feb 2010 and is doing very well on the medication. The only issue she had is the tube pulled out once the first week and had to be put back in. Since then it has been going well. The great thing about it is no ups and downs. She is on all day long now which is great and rarely has any dyskinesia. The downside is the size of the pump and we do not know the cost at the end of the trial. Definitely would not like going back to taking pills every three hours or so and then getting dyskinesia as well.
She had some discomfort to start with because of the tube but that has been resolved and she is no longer on pain medication. We are still looking for better ways to carry the pump as the shoulder strap is cumbersome and she would like it to be somewhat concealed. If anyone has a good idea please let me know. The pump is 8 inches long 4 inches wide and 1 inch thick.
Have a great weekend.
Cal
cmeender is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote