View Single Post
Old 01-25-2007, 02:18 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Daughter just diagnosed. I have questions.

Hi everyone,
I am Jessie, mom to 3 kids. My oldest is 8 1/2. She has multiple disabilities. She is developmentally delayed, has arnold chiari malformation (2 years post op), low vision, and hypotonia. After lots of bloating and lethargy over the past year, I brought her to a pediatric GI. We just had our follow up yesterday and the doc said she tested positive for celiac. They drew more blood for the gene marker test. But given the first test and my daughter's symptoms, the doc is quite sure she has celiac.

You would think that after having dealt with tons of health issues with this child, that I would not leave a doctor's office with questions. I was just kind of stunned by this information. I'm trying to figure out what the blood test was that she had. I know it is an antibody test. The doc said that my daughter's level was 8, and that is high. Anyone have ideas of what test this might have been?

My other questions are: Does the whole house have to be gluen free? Does anyone else have a child with celiac and developmental issues? My daughter is not autistic, but she does have a few autistic like behaviors and I am wondering if they could be due to the celiac.

Thanks in advance for any information. I'm sure I'll be turning to you knowledgeable people as we figure out how to incorporate this newest diganosis into our lives.

Jessie
Jessie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote