View Single Post
Old 03-13-2010, 01:02 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Can you list from your prior cut and paste list of symptoms, the ones that are most problematic for you.

It would also help if you added some personal context as to where and with whom you have these struggles.

The amount of intimacy you might want to share with others will change how you might want to explain these symptoms.

I have developed a number of explanations that helps others understand my symptoms and limitations. Each symptom/limitation has a unique explanation or metaphor.

For example. I have very little visual short or immediate term memory. I explain, "When I still tried to drive, I could stop at a stop sign with uncontrolled traffic coming from both left and right. I would look to the left for the oncoming traffic and notice where it was. I would then look to my right and notice the oncoming traffic coming from the right. But, I had already forgotten anything about the traffic coming from the left. "

I might add that at first I tried looking each way in quick succession but that only made me dizzy or more confused.

I have many more explanations depending on the circumstances.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Theta Z (04-27-2010)