View Single Post
Old 03-13-2010, 07:00 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

desertranger: Thank you for the post. My husband and I have talked about installing Linux on one of our computers first, and working with it a while before converting the rest. We thought we would need to leave Windows on one of the computers, but Vbox might work instead. So, I have a question for you about it.

We run Adobe CS3 MasterSuite on 2 of our computers. I mainly use it for Acrobat (and have been trying to teach myself Dreamweaver), but my husband constantly pushes the limits of his 4GB memory with Photoshop and the plugins he uses. It has something to do with his photos, as each is about 10MB. (I'm afraid data is my thing and photos/graphics is his, so I don't understand the details.)

How well does Corel Draw run inside Vbox? How well do you think Photoshop would run?

I remember when I supported networks in 40 locations, and in my spare time taught myself Access using the help menu and internet searches. I wrote and maintained a database for purchasing and tracking at the 40 locations, and supported close to 200 employees.

Now, even though I'm only working a few hours a week, my pharmaceutically-challenged brain has spent months trying to learn OpenOffice Base and Dreamweaver - even with 'Dummies' and 'Bible' books for each. So, Jo*Mar I'm grateful for the link you supplied. I'm going to order the CD, so I can become familiar with it before attempting to install.

Thank you both

My SFN story:
plgerrard is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jomar (03-13-2010)