View Single Post
Old 03-13-2010, 10:59 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

12 hours, would be way too far for me to travel. I weaken so easily. I was hoping something like 3 at the most for you to just to get a second look from another neuro.
You may want to keep him for while longer, and everything may work itself out in the office as well.
Sometimes things work like that, at first everything is crazy, and then it settles down, and you're able to have a great relationship with him, and the office people.
It's such a hard decision, I think many of us have been there at some point.
My very first Neuro, was nice, but she was hard talk to. She didn't seem to understand English very well, and I'm not good with thick accents, so that just added to the frustrations.
I stuck with her for a while longer. And then ended up seeing the original Neuro I was suppose to see in the beginning, they're in the same office. She also was the one who sent me out to Cleveland Clinic for their opinion. So she did some great things for me, and my health. But as a long term doctor, she just wasn't right for me and my illness. She didn't know much about MG. She thought that if your eye lid closed, it would stay closed for 24 hours, and wouldn't be able to open at all....stuff like that..knew nothing.
Maybe this guy will be your stepping stone too. Or, may turn into a great doctor for you.
Either way, you have my prayers to make the best decision, as I know it's hard. really hard.

Love Lizzie
Maxwell'sMom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Stellatum (03-13-2010)