Old 03-13-2010, 11:05 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kim ames View Post
Hi everyone.

I, too, agree about our kid's sporting events. My daughter runs track and cross country. I try my very best to go to all of her meets. I show up with my TENS unit, pillow, gel heating pad and lots of medicine! Most meets are at least an hour and a half away, then just walking to the field and sitting on metal benches are torture. It's also very humiliating to have my kids carry my stuff, and guide me walking. I know that they're just dying of emberrasment (sp?) and would like to crawl under a rock. I've pretty much stopped going anywhere that I don't have to. Just too much trouble and too humbling. Before RSD I was an avid runner. Lacrosse coach, baseball coach, type "A" hyper personality. My average work day was 18 hours, all on my feet. Now I spend my days on the floor, stretching and watching TV.
I am sorry and can relate in many ways. As for your kids I hope as they get older they see what a caring mom you are to be there at the games when you are in so much pain. Some parents for no reason don't go. I give so much credit to all the parents dealing with this. I can relate to before rsd being so active to now being so limited.
daniella is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kakimbo (03-13-2010)