View Single Post
Old 03-13-2010, 11:59 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Great idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nan Cyclist View Post
I have a new attack on boredom. I got the series of Alfred Hitchcock movies from Costco. Many movies. Lower the resistance and no trouble keeping up the speed with Hitchcock. I wear a heart rate monitor and get my rate up into zone 4 before timing my workout. I leave myself hanging in the movie so I'll want to do it again the next day. According to Jay's article, you need to do at least 40 minutes without stopping except for pauses of a few seconds. Sorry about that.
Nan,

You have lots of great tips on how to power through. I am glad you re-posted the time requirement and 40 minutes should be no problem for me once I build my stamina back up. I had a baby a year ago and could not exercise during pregnancy, I am having a hard time building my stamina back up. I get on the elliptical and when on meds easily have 85-110 rpms, the problem is after 10 minutes, I feel like need a defibrillator. lol. I am soooo out of shape, for now I focus on making sure I don't keel over from too intense a cardio workout and on getting past the 10 minute mark...each time I try to go a few extra minutes. No time for boredom.

I love the Hitchcock films idea, though I am such a movie fanatic I have seen them all more than once. Just wanted to add that my boredom buster is to practice my French through listening to Podcasts--you can subscribe to podcasts on many different topics. Your favorite or popular series from TV or Cable are great too in keeping yourself going.

Thanks! I think you are inspiring many people to get active...look at that view count.

Laura
Conductor71 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote