Old 03-13-2010, 12:32 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECHOES View Post
Hello. New person here. :wavehello:
I have looked everywhere I can think of looking, but I'm finding no answers to my foot/ankle pain.

The pain is on the top of the foot, right where the foot 'bends', and to the right toward the ankle. At various times I have sudden burning pain/sensations further down toward my toes. It is very painful to walk (hobble) and hurts all the time. Has been going on for 3 weeks, and hasn't lessened. Advil and Alleve don't help. Ice doesn't help. Staying off of it and/or elevating it doesn't help.

I hurt my knee, probably a tear--nothing showed on an xray--a year and a half ago. That is still painful, especially the back of the knee but also across the front, below the kneecap.

I might be compensating for the knee when I walk but I would think that rest would help that.

I have no money for a doctor's visit and the tests they might want to do as well.

Any ideas on what I can do to fix this?

Hi and Welcome.

Of course, only a foot doctor and an x-ray can definitively diagnose your problems but until that can be done, YOU HAVE US TO HELP YOU.

One idea might be a bout of tendonitis. I had that once and it was a doozy. I took myself to the emergency room because my foot was killing me and I had no clue. The doctor examined me, said it was tendonitis, told me to take anti-inflammatories and stay off of it and ice it.

I did as he said and in a week, I was fine.

So it just might be that.

But I assure you, someone else will mosey on down here and help you out even more.

Again, welcome

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (03-14-2010), ECHOES (03-13-2010), tamiloo (03-13-2010)