View Single Post
Old 03-13-2010, 12:35 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by piag6245 View Post
Hi everyone I'm new to this forum and in a desperate situation. I have searched and researched "post menopause" and I'm not getting anything other then loss of bone density, and other things not related to anything I'm feeling! I have not had a period for 3 years and yet I'm moody, a lot of ups and downs, I recently had a argument with my 30 year old daughter (Said awful things) Although I have apoligised several times it has been over a month she will not talk to me. My husband has left me he says "he can't deal with it" I am currently on paxil 30mg twice a day for anxiety/depression. I also have xanax I take 0.50 in the morning. Same evening dose as needed which is not too often. Are any of you experiencing post menopause symptoms such as sadness, fatigue, saying things you wouldn't normally say, I feel like i'm having p.m.s. I have been to the doctor my hormone levels are normal. I am going back to the doctor on Saturday, my husband feels i am bipolar and I want to discuss these things with my doctor. I should mention that all of this started about 2 months ago after recovering from a bout of the flu and pnemonia. or I should say the worst of it started then. any input would be greatly, greatly, apreciated! Thanks, Sincerely, Susan

Hi, and Welcome.

I think PABB nailed it. There are hormones afoot here. All your mood swings indicate this.

Go and see an endocrinologist.

Doctors will often say "Oh, it's all in your mind".

It's not ALL IN OUR MIND. Sometimes, IT'S ALL IN OUR HORMONES.

Again, welcome to Neurotalks.

I hope you get your answers.

Take a deep breath, find something you like to do, and go and do it.

Sometimes we have to put ourselves first.

It's hard, but it's necessary.

Stress can kill you.

Take care,

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (03-14-2010)