Thread: alj hearing
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2010, 12:38 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anna1446 View Post
i have a alj hearing next week kinda nervous my attorney is being supportive..
it is going to be on t.v judge can see me and i them has anyone had this and was it good out come for it to be this way?? not sure what to exspect i hope all is well i am young was diagnosed with ms at early age suffered with depression for years and pain.what concerns me is they called my attorneys office the other day and ask if they still planned on going through with the hearing. i dont no what to think when something like this happens any advise would be so appreciated.thanks
Hi! What Anna said!
About doing it via TV; it saves them a heck of a lot of time and they can process benefits for people faster. Considering the backlog it's a good thing and probably made your hearing happen sooner.
It would seem like it would be a bit harder for the judge to get an idea of what kind of person you are and if you really need benefits. Still the facts are the facts and that's what he's going to focus on.
I recently started using Skype. I was surprise at how well I was able to get a sense of the person I was speaking to. I had some negative pre-judgements
about this person, yet when I spoke with them via Skype I found myself, doubting my judgements. So this type of communication may be better than we realize. It least it was for me!
I'm so glad you are finally getting your hearing. I was nervous as hell when I had mine. I cried. I couldn't think. But somehow I got through it and the lawyer told me I did well, afterwards. That's cool too that you have a supportive lawyer.
Let us know how it goes!
Sunrise
Sunrise is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote